Travel Tales on a Per Receipt Basis: Part 3

Posted in ,

Cont.

$4.00 for a dinner in the Old Market Area of Siem Reap in one of the night restaurants there. It was for a well spiced and herbed grilled chicken and rice and of course Angkor beer. This was on the night I arrived from the very long trip from Saigon.

Php750.00 for the Airport User’s Charge paid in NAIA. Five hundred fifty of this is Passenger Service Charge and the rest is Security Development Charge.

Php59.00 for the bus ride to Pasay.

$30.00 for Thai Nhi Hotel where I stayed after I arrived from Phnom Penh until my departure in Saigon (Nov. 15 to 18, 2009). I stayed in room 202 which was for $10.00 per day. Room 202, again, is misleading since you would think that this is on the second floor. It was actually on the 4th floor and they don’t have elevator. The first floor was being used by the family that manages the hotel. The next floor, mezzanine, was the reception area and some family rooms. The 3rd floor was the first floor of the hotel and the 4th floor was where Rm 202 is. This hotel is located on a small street connecting Bui Vien and Pam Ngu Lao St. And the owner keeps your passport until you check out.

I stayed in this hotel because Yellow House was full. An old lady in blue uniform approached me to help me find a hotel. Akala ko sindikato. It turned out that it’s what she does. She matches people with (small) hotels in the area. So I was able to stay on a better maintained hotel for $2.00 less per day.

This entry was posted on November 26, 2009 at Thursday, November 26, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments